If you are installing P4toDB for the first time please use the latest P4toDB release.
Regarding upgrading, P4toDB release 2017.1 fixes a small number of issues; see P4toDBs release notes: http://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r17.1/doc/user/p4todbnotes.txt
In summary, 2017.1 offers these features:
- You can now replicate tables containing ".", such as replica/edge specific tables like db.user.rp
- You can now replicate meta-data tables specific to Helix4Git
- P4Java 2017.2 is bundled
- Extended support - should you encounter bugs, the old 2012.1 would not be patched.
To adjust P4toDB for an upgraded Helix Server, see P4toDB and Upgrading your Helix Server.
Upgrading to P4toDB 2017.1
- unzip the p4todb.zip file to a new directory
- copy your configuration properties file from the old p4todb release
- stop the old P4toDB release
- adjust the column TABLES in table P4TODB_CONFIG
- start the old P4toDB release
P4TODB_CONFIG.TABLES Column Changes
In previous versions, the TABLES column was a "|" delimited list of Helix server db tables concatenated to their version with a ".".
Starting with release 2017.1, the TABLES column's list has the table name and version separated with a "#".
You must manually update the TABLES column before starting release 2017.1
|Release||TABLES column value|